Oiliness can change depending upon the time of year or the weather. Things that can cause or worsen it include:
- Puberty or other hormonal imbalances
- Heat or too much humidity
To take care of oily skin:
- Wash it no more than twice a day and after you sweat a lot.
- Use a gentle cleanser and don’t scrub.
- Don’t pick, pop, or squeeze pimples. They’ll take longer to heal.
- Look for the word “noncomedogenic” on skincare products and cosmetics. This means it won’t clog pores.
It can show up as:
If your skin is sensitive, try to find out what your triggers are so you can avoid them. There are many possible reasons, but often it’s in response to particular skin care products.
The 6 Basics of Skin Care
No matter what type of skin you have, these tips will keep it looking its best.
- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen that blocks both UVA and UVB rays.
- Avoid direct sunlight, and wear a hat and sunglasses.
- Don’t smoke.
- Stay hydrated.
- Wash your skin gently but thoroughly every day and never wear makeup to bed.